Jason Morgan is the editor of Fleet Equipment. The has much more than 15 years of B2B journalism experience covering the likes that trucking and also construction equipment, real estate, movies and craft beer industries.
You are watching: How to adjust air ride suspension
1. Recognize the auto manufacturer’s exactly suspension ride elevation for your vehicle and which axle the height regulate valve is attached come on multi-axle vehicles.
2. Journey the auto forward in a straight line for at the very least two car lengths come release any bushing wind up.
3. With the vehicle unloaded and/or trailer disconnected on a level surface, chock the former tires to protect against the vehicle from rolling forward or backward.
4. Pressurize the air device with a continuous supply of wait in overabundance of 70 PSI (4.8 bars), and also check the all air springs effectively inflate and also raise the suspension come the ideal ride height.
For more heavy-duty organization tips and also insight, click right here to visit ours service-focused sister site, Fleet company Technology.
5. ~ above the axle wherein the height control valve is attached, measure the distance from the bottom that the structure rail to the ground.
6. Measure the distance from the center of the wheel to the ground.
See more: How Many Kilograms Is 142 Pounds In Kilograms? Convert 142 Lb To Kg
7. Subtract the measurement found in action 6 from the measurement uncovered in step 5 to determine the existing ride elevation of your suspension. As an example: The bottom of the structure rail come the ground actions 30 in. And the facility of the wheel come the ground measures 20 in. Subtract the 2nd measurement (20 in.) indigenous the first measurement (30 in.) and also this equals 10 in. For present ride elevation (30 in. – 20 in. = 10 in.) Then examine the value against the specification as defined in action 1.
In this article:SAF-Holland, Suspensions, timely Tips
Watch videos native Fleet Equipment"s "On The Road" series.
Observe! The truck tire push playbook
On the Road video clip Series
AC to DC: Charting charging equipment selections with ChargePoint
Unscripted video Series
The secrets to recruiting and retaining drivers
Wheel hub locking nut tips for conventional, spacer setups
The 8 most typical wheel bearing maintenance issues
What you have to know about pre-adjusted wheel bearing
The services of relocating your fleet to a condition-based maintenance program
Babcox Media3550 Embassy ParkwayAkron, five 44333-8318p: (330) 670-1234f: (330) 670-0874